Friday, June 19, 2015

P.S. I STILL LOVE YOU by Jenny Han



Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.
She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.
When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?

In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Times bestseller To All the Boys I've Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean. Love is never easy, but maybe that’s part of what makes it so amazing.


One of my very favorite contemporary books of all time is To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. I also really enjoyed Jenny Han’s The Summer I Turned Pretty. To say I was anxiously awaiting P.S. I Still Love You is an understatement - some days, I felt like the only thing I was doing was waiting for this book. And I wasn’t disappointed.
I loved coming back to the characters. Lara Jean, her family, and her friends are all very interesting characters that I love to read about. And another plus to this book was the drama, which I feel was bigger than the first book. My life as a high schooler really isn’t like Lara Jean’s high school life, very different actually, but at the same time it was not too far fetched to believe. Her and Peter were cute as ever, though it was a little bit different because they were really together, and not just faking it. Sometimes I actually thought they were cuter when they were faking it, but of course I was rooting for them to be in a committed relationship since square one. That was, until this new boy came into the picture.
Yes, I know, it’s exasperating. JUST STAY WITH PETER. I felt this way when I first found out that it was only going to be Peter in the picture. I didn’t like the idea of having Lara Jean liking a boy while she was liking Peter, but Peter was being pretty frustrating at the time and I found that I sort of supported the relationship with this “new boy”. I maybe even started to root for them a little bit… though I always prefer when a relationship has to be worked for then just pure and happy (in books, anyway), and this boy is exactly what was needed to add in that extra tension.
The only things that I didn’t like about this book - I kind of felt like it took a little longer than I was expecting to get good. I don’t exactly know why. There were instances that should have been exciting, but I just wasn’t feeling it. I did start to get excited again after a little while, so it wasn’t like it wasn’t worth reading, but it did take a little longer than I expected it would, being the second book and all.
In the end, P.S. I Still Love You did not disappoint. I loved the cuteness. I loved Lara Jean, I loved Peter. Well, for the most part I loved Peter ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment