Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The Mortal Instruments - TV show and New Covers!

I'm sure that quite a few of you have already found out about this news - but I thought I would make a post about it just for good measure :) Because I can't help it! I love The Mortal Instruments, and I just have to talk about it! So first things first, let's talk about these new covers.


Original Cover Movie Cover NEW COVER


Original Cover: I don't necessarily love it, but it catches my eye for sure. But from my sister's point of view, it is very "tacky." I think I love it because it is the original, and since I love this series I love the cover, but I am trying not to be biased...so I will say that I like it, but I don't love it.

Movie Cover: I never really like movie covers...I don't even know why, but I just don't like movie covers! I have always felt like it was a sin to put the movie cover on the book, because they are poor representations of what the book will be like. Because the books are ALWAYS BETTER THAN THE MOVIE. I want people to read it for the beauty of it's bookness and not the movie. Though I do have to admit, this cover is better than a lot of other movie covers...I might even like it if it weren't for the fact that it's a movie cover. XD

New Cover: I've spent a fair amount of time staring at this cover, and finally I have concluded that I like it. Do I love it? I don't know. But I do like the Jace on the cover (He looks finnnne) However, I don't feel that the title looks as fierce and mysterious...the lettering just looks so...simple. So if I could change one thing, I would make the font and color of the title a little more intense.

Overall, I like the original cover because it was the cover it had when I first read it, and I have a special place in my heart for it. However, I can say without a doubt that these new covers have potential. I could even say that I might like them more than the originals in the future. As for now, that is all I can say :)

I saved the best news for last...



THE NEW TV SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Right now, they are still working on casting. This is great news to me, because I didn't like the casting from the original movie... There were a few characters here and there that I wouldn't be upset to see come back, like Robert Sheehan, but for the majority I wanted to start over with a clean slate. Hopefully they do a good job with casting!

2. They start filming MAY. As in, NEXT MONTH.

3. We are guaranteed 13 episodes, whether or not it gets good reviews. If the show is a success, the show will continue. If it is losing more than it is making, we can only assume that they will stop filming.

4. We can expect to see the first episode early 2016 - as early as January! The title? The Mortal Cup. For more information, go ahead and check out this link - http://www.mtv.com/news/2135165/mortal-instruments-pilot-title-date/

5. WE HAVE OUR ACTOR FOR JACE!!! Dominic Sherwood. Maybe some of you recognize him as Christian from the Vampire Academy movie.


THAT'S HIM!!!!!!!! 
HE'S BEAUTIFUL.
I very much approve of this decision. Point one for the TV show.

Tell me what you think about these new updates in the comments! I would love to hear your opinions! As for now, good bye, and happy reading!


4 comments:

  1. *INTERNAL SCREAMING*
    OHHHH HMH HMHMHHM MY ZEUS
    I DIDN'T KNOW
    I DIDN'T KNOW THIS WAS HAPPENING
    I'M SO PUMPED!
    as for the covers, the movie cover is DEFINITELY my favorite. I agree with your sis on the original cover - it feels very tacky, an excuse to put a shirtless guy on the cover. Speaking of shirtless guys on the cover, it's extremely awkward when your (male) teachers flip over your book while you're taking a test to see what you're reading and then kind of raise their eyebrows at you =_=

    ReplyDelete
  2. *INTERNAL SCREAMING*
    OHHHH HMH HMHMHHM MY ZEUS
    I DIDN'T KNOW
    I DIDN'T KNOW THIS WAS HAPPENING
    I'M SO PUMPED!
    as for the covers, the movie cover is DEFINITELY my favorite. I agree with your sis on the original cover - it feels very tacky, an excuse to put a shirtless guy on the cover. Speaking of shirtless guys on the cover, it's extremely awkward when your (male) teachers flip over your book while you're taking a test to see what you're reading and then kind of raise their eyebrows at you =_=

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard the filming wont happen to late may/june now.. ? It might just be another rumour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo, I haven't read this series yet, or anything from Cassandra Clare. I know, I know I'm extremely LATE, but it'll happen very, very soon. I'm also not the biggest fan of movie covers, but this I do love. I actually seen it and said " Oooooo " and since I'm a cover whore, that " Oooooo " meant I'm buying it for that reason alone lol. Well other than the fact that I want to finally start Cassandra's work lol. I can't get excited for the TV show just yet, but I'm excited that you're excited! lmao.

    Tika @fANGIRLconfessions

    ReplyDelete