Thursday, March 19, 2015

IGNITE ME REVIEW


Cover rating: 5 stars ;) But seriously look at how pretty.

Summary: With Omega Point destroyed, Juliette doesn’t know if the rebels, her friends, or even Adam are alive. But that won’t keep her from trying to take down The Reestablishment once and for all. Now she must rely on Warner, the handsome commander of Sector 45. The one person she never thought she could trust. The same person who saved her life. He promises to help Juliette master her powers and save their dying world . . . but that’s not all he wants with her.

My Review: In the first book of this series, Shatter Me, I really didn't like Juliette. She was always crying and whining, and couldn't take care of herself. In Unravel Me, she was finally starting to realize that she needed to stand up and fight, and learn to finally except herself. And in Ignite Me, she finally comes to.
All of a sudden, I respected, even liked, Juliette. She finally accepted that she was who she was and figured that she would make the best of her abilities and use her powers for the good. She took hold of her mind and powers, and I loved her for it. Juliet, along with many other characters, became more real to me in Ignite Me. I’m one of those readers that places a lot of value on characterization, (like, A LOT of value) so I was really happy how real these characters became for me.
But let us discuss something equally important - the romance.
I enjoyed the romance in this story, but I personally believe that it could have been better. I felt like there was only one option for me to take because the author decides to make one of them incredibly undesirable. Aside from this, I liked how the romance was written. There was a lot of tension, and no instalove, which I always appreciate.
The only other problem is that that it took two books for this series to get really good. Right when I start to enjoy this series, it ends, and I didn't think it ended in a very good way either. The whole book was building up to one big moment, and I didn't feel that moment was big enough for me. It was reminiscent of Blood of Olympus, which spent hundreds of pages leading up to a five page battle scene.

My Overall Rating:

Songs that remind me of Ignite Me: The Man by Ed Sheeran (for Adam) - I know that this song is very specific, so some of the parts don’t work, but the general idea does. And a song that kind of reminded me of Warner is Comatose by Skillet.

Who I recommend this series to: I recommend this series to people who enjoy books such as The Hunger Games, Divergent, and Legend, as long as they are big readers. If you are willing to read past a not so good first book to reach bluer skies, read the series! If you don't want to push through that first book, then I wouldn't push you to read this series. However, my editor wanted me to tell you that the first book was, quote, “Fantabulous” so as always, there are differing opinions. :)

1 comment:

  1. This editor is fantabulous, lol. The review was fabulous, Mickey :)

    ReplyDelete